Are you Jack Bauer? Do you need to save the world in just 24 hours? If so, grab this vintage messenger bag and hit the road. There’s plenty of room for all of life’s essentials; laptop, food, text books, cell phone, list of foreign spy contacts. Whether you’re headed to school or out of the country to stop a terrorist cell, this sturdy canvas messenger bag can really take it on the chin and keep on trucking.
Vintage HW Washed Canvas Messenger Bag (Jack Bauer Bag)
The roomy main compartment in this Canvas bag holds just about anything, making it an ideal bag for school and work. It can even be the coolest diaper bag on the block for all those Jack Bauer-wanna-be dads. The 50” strap adjusts for cross-body or over-the-shoulder carrying, accommodating all kinds of body sizes and types. Two external pockets on either end are just the right size for toting water bottles. There are also external pockets under the front flap where you can stash those items you want to grab in a hurry, such as paperbacks, snacks, cell phones, and escape plans.
The solid construction won’t let you down. Made of heavy duty cotton canvas with durable stitching and brass hardware, it’s designed to last. If it gets too dirty you can throw it in the wash and wash it as you would a pair of jeans. For those of you who are creative and all about personal expression, this canvas messenger bag provides the perfect blank slate for your art. Patches, pins, paints, you name it, you can decorate this bag and add your personal touch in just about any way you want.
Don’t sweat life’s details. Pick up the Jack Bauer messenger bag and get back to living.
One of many Amazon reviews:
"I bought this bag to carry folders and books for a new job in a casual dress environment and it has been perfect for my needs. I carry a large binder, computation notebook, a folder, and at least one other book for pleasure reading. It easily holds those items and would have no problem accommodating an additional full size textbook or two. The end pockets can hold water bottles or other similar size objects, and the two front pockets are spacious enough to hold snacks, paperback novels, etc. The material is a durable canvas with a loose weave that makes it tough but not stiff, and all the stitching looks solid. I expect no durability issues.
Apart from those positive attributes, here are some of the little details that I like:
- The strap is long enough for any man within the boundaries of typical human dimensions to wear the bag across his body. It would probably fit Shaquille O'Neal. I am 6', and at full strap extension, this bag will hang low against the backs of my thighs. At about 2/3 extension, it hangs against my butt or hip, which is where I like to wear it. As a moderately tall man, there is plenty of room for me to wear it low or high. At minimum extension, I imagine it would fall somewhere against my lower back. I should think it would fit any man between 5' and 8' tall, which is just about every man.
- The strap is wide. At 2" wide, this strap is comfortable on my shoulder for long periods of time in spite of the fact that it has no additional padding. I have never felt any discomfort with this bag.
- The Velcro strips on the front of the bag are positioned so that they will hold the bag loosely closed with a wide variety of load sizes. The flap is heavy enough to almost make the Velcro unnecessary, but it does provide just enough closure to keep the flap from shifting all over and looking excessively sloppy.
- The snaps in the end pockets are large, tough, and very secure, and they hold the pockets closed tightly enough to allow me to place my wallet in there without fear of it falling out.
- This bag is tough and looks good, but is extremely casual. In some settings, it might be able to pull off business very casual, but for business casual or formal, you should go with leather or a more dressed up canvas.
- Some reviewers have noted that this bag lacks structure and will lose its shape without a sufficient load. That is accurate and common to most messenger bags that are not expensive designer bags. Put a solid notebook, sketchpad, or other flat object in there and your problem is solved. If you are carrying a load of irregular shaped items in there, don't expect it to hold the shape you see in pictures.
This is a great bag and has become my constant accessory. For the price, I recommend it to anyone who doesn't wear a suit every day and needs to carry more than their pockets can handle."